To build a marketplace of integrity and good governance.
- Integrity in business management
- Zero tolerance to corruption
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of goods and services
- Greed should not be an element in the pursuit of profitability
- Equitable compensation
- Equal treatment to all
- Responsible corporate citizens
Registration of CBI
The Coalition for Business Integrity Berhad (CBI) was registered on 26 September 2014 with the Companies Commission of Malaysia (Registration No: 1110833-M).
CBI is a not-for-profit organization. Membership is open to all bona fide companies operating in Malaysia. The coalition represents the integrity stand of its members with the following characteristics:
It is nonpartisan. The focus is to help businesses operating in Malaysia and the government of the day to achieve a high degree of integrity hence productivity.
Unlike trade organizations and chambers of commerce whose emphasis is on trade and related matters, the driving force for CBI is on business integrity. It seeks to strengthen integrity standards and practices at company, industry, regional and national level.
To harness the collective corporate citizenship influence to mitigate corruption and change the landscape of doing business for a better Malaysia.
Sources of Funding
The sources of funds to support the operating costs and initiatives of CBI are derived from:
Corporate membership (main source)
Trainings and seminars
CBI helps to equip members by providing training on business ethics and enhancing standards on governance and compliance to various anti-corruption policies.
CBI encourages member companies to be certified to international anti-bribery standards (British Standard, ISO or equivalent) and be listed in an honour roll.
We will partner with third party companies on the provision of training and certification.
We provide the following services:
1. Training on corporate governance (e.g. the Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance 2017), enterprise risk management (e.g. ISO31000:2009), internal controls, code of ethics and conduct, compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. the Companies Act 2016, Sustainability Reporting, Listing Requirements of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad), productivity improvement, anti-bribery management system (ISO37001).
2. Business matching and networking especially for those listed on the Honour Roll.
3. SME business mentoring.
4. Integrity education at institutions of learning.
5. Governmental engagement for business facilitation without bribery.
6. Advocating the 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact.